FIRST PRIZE - All Expense paid trip to Japan + P10,000 cash for student winner
Rellosa, Maria Dominique C. - Talavera National High School-Senior High School
Dela Cruz, Sian L. - St. Mary's Academy
Hilario, Ian Froy Payawal - Marcelo H. Del Pilar High School - Senior High School
SECOND PRIZE - P20,000 cash prize for each student
Fernandez, Dallin Rodriguez - Zambales National High School
Ganareal, Mark Christian S. - Nueva Ecija Senior High School
Casupanan, Claudine B. - St. Mary's Academy
Hernandez, Irish Flores - Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School-Senior High School
THIRD PRIZE - P10,000 cash prize for each student
Javier, Jeanette Marie Flores - Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School-Senior High School
Palanog, Charles D. - Botolan National High School
Centeno, Jules Ivan C. - Nueva Ecija Senior High School
Calma, Kaith Rivera - San Pablo 2nd National High School
Villareal, Luis Miguel - Marcelo H. Del Pilar National High School-Senior High School
Ocampo, Maria Alexis D. - Betis High School
Justo, Lee Ann R. - Nueva Ecija Senior High School
Morales, Francheska Marithe A. - St. Mary's Academy
Tungul, Joyce Rica Nacin - Zambales National High School
Alminanza, Almira Vera G. - Zambales National High School
Awarding ceremony will be held in Manila on April 20, 2018 from 11am to 3 pm.
Actual venue will be announced later.
Achieving a Happy Life Through Effective Financial Planning and Insurance
Participants must choose only one topic below and discuss in detail in their essays.
- How does life insurance strengthen the foundation of my family?
- How does life insurance help an individual attain his/her life and financial goals?
- How does life insurance contribute to an individual’s economic well-being?
Three (3) Grand prize winners and their school academic
coordinator or principal will receive an all-expenses paid trip
to Japan plus a P10,000 cash prize for each student.
Four (4) Second place winners will be awarded P20,000 each.
Ten (10) Third place winners will receive P10,000 each.
The contest is open to Filipino citizens enrolled as senior high school students in SY2017-2018 in selected schools in Region 3 of the Philippines.
50% - Content
20% - Organization of thoughts and flow of discussion
20% - Style (originality, creativity, sentence structure, word choice, audience recognition)
10% - Conventions (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- Students who are interested to submit an essay must attend the lecture organized in their school. In addition, students can view the materials and videos provided in this page
- All essays must be written in English, typewritten (encoded) in black ink using Arial, font size 11, double-spaced and must not go beyond 3 pages of short bond paper.
- Each essay must be submitted with an Entry Form that can be found on this page. Any entry without the Entry Form, which includes a certification by their teacher/principal that the entry is an original, unpublished work, will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student per year, and each entry must be the work of only one student. Student must properly acknowledge and cite all sources.
- Essay entries must be original and unpublished. The copyright for all winning entries will be assigned to the contest organizers. Participants agree to allow the contest organizers, FALIA, PLIA and KCI to use their names, photographs and essays for promotional and publicity purposes.
- Any essays found to be plagiarized will be automatically disqualified and the student will be prohibited from entering any future competitions.
- By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the contest organizers.
For more information, contact Ms. Cecilia Ubarra, through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+63) 918-943-2373